Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R 105

sponono
Super Contributor
I see R105 and I buy.
0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If I were a true trader, I would be selling at R106,5 ish. And look to buy back at arounf R102. BUT I'm not - so I won't. Just a few though ...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
trading is about buying high and selling higher not the other way round. investing is about buying low and selling lower, lol.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Be careful of those little disguised syllogisms. They tend to be a load of rubbish spread by disillusioned traders or investors. Investing is about time. Trading is about timing.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
timing is relative and irrelevant...its all about intent and the rules that you have set up before entry and exit...so maybe investing is about value and trading about PRICE?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
TIMING is everything! - For trading - or there would be no need for a stop loss!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes agree, timing for trading but its not relevant for any comparison to investing...its value and price?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Of course it's relevant - otherwise all traders would be investors - buy quality and wait however long it takes to get the return. BUT trading is about beating that return through timing!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, trading is about beating that return through thru trading the price...in any time frame. I could trade AGL based solely on price over a 1 minute, 5 minute, 1 hour, daily, yearly or 5 yearly time frame!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Thank you - it's about timing! If you didn't feel you could time the market why would you buy a position? - to clear it at a loss? You are working on the basis that you will achieve the desired return at a rate which beats the alternative rates of return on offer.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you cannot time the market because the markets functions in a timeless manner based soley on price. You cant wait for time, but you can wait for price. All these time timeframs...the market does not function according to timeframes..we just make them up because we programmed to think that way!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You really are missing the point - you persist in using terms like "wait" for a price - that IS TIMING! Traders TIME the market! That is not a bad thing - it is their business.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
waiting for price is not the same as timing the market....because you are not trading the time....you cannot say that a certain price will be reached at a certain time and put in an order to buy or sell a share at a certain time(like buy 1000 AGL at 9pm). But you can put in an order to buy at a certain price and wait, time is not relevant!Trade the ALSI futures and you will realise how irrelevant TIME is....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Waiting is timing! Trading is timing! Buying to sell short term relies on timing! -ENDS-
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
OK then Buy high - sell low. G-d speed!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
especially for you! a Friday joke: A blonde asked someone what time it was, and they told her it was 4:45. The blonde, with a puzzled look on her face replied, "You know, it's the weirdest thing, I have been asking that question all day, and each time I get a different answer."
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
She must have been a trader, then... (lol)
0 Kudos