Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R 96.00

Not applicable
Tap-tap.On GLD's Resistance Line.And now....reversal or breakout ? 3rd time since June 2010 at the R96 line...it's time,GLD,it's time to go for R100.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
PaulC
Super Contributor
well you and I were loading up at 92. I offloaded 30% at 96. reversal or breakout is irrelevant. Its either buy more or sell more time. Downside risk ... not much
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yup,I did the same.And now for the jumpy part.another buy of xxx at R93 and another 30% to sell at R99.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
SPOT GOLD TECHS: 5 & 21-DMA Golden-Cross Confirmed CURRENT LEVEL: $1363.35 COMMENTARY: Gold closed above the 100-day moving average but failed to close above the former 23.6% Fibonacci of $1157.6/1430.8, yesterday, now key initial resistance at $1366.30 followed by the 55-DMA at $1373.70. Daily studies remain bullish although momentum ticked lower albeit remaining in an uptrend as does gold as it continues to trade in a rising channel drawn from Jan 28.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cheers fred...it's not going to take much for another attack on $1400. China is coming ! Short-pants will burn !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just minutiae ?....a Bullish engulfing Candle followed by a Hammer at R96. Of course, a Hammer candle is best, as a bottom-anchor for Price.But OK, let's see if that Rand can pop a R7.40 for us.Gold is wanting 2nd Gear for a $1400 and breakout above the previous High.Setting up,setting up.Silver's also kissing the $30 mark again.And the Dollar Index gave a SELL signal in early Feb on the Point and Figure chart.Which means that any weakness in mkts generally, will be met with a renewed Bull-charge.Yeah,wild stuff coming.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's Thursday 10 Feb.And the High is 40cents below a BIG buy signal for GLD.R97 is THE NUMBER.As the clouds of Transkei blur my desktop from sight.As we wait.Zzzzzzzz......."O Laawwwd won't you buy me...a Mercedes Benz.My friends all drive Porsche-huh,I must make amends." Cue IQ-drain.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Gold is really teasing at the moment. All points to more unside. Maybe just shaking off the weak positions before moving higher.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And whilst we're twiddling our thumbs....8June2010.GLD High of R96.30.Nov2010, a high of R96.75...and....10Feb2011, a high of R96.80(thus far).Yeah, it's Breakout Time.R97.Last seen 17Feb 2009.
0 Kudos