Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R - Euro exchange rate advice

Roboren
Occasional Contributor
I'm planning to go to Italy in Aug/Sep. Maybe I should have converter Rands to Euros when it was at R9.30 the other day...but what would your advice be now?...Convert at current rate or wait a bit? Thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Copper
Regular Contributor
hey robo.. going to beijing in september and lucky to buy euro at 960's including agent fees. waiting for another dip:) hopefully thy dont shelve the euro :) its jus poor fiscal discipline and not the currency to blame for eurozone woes
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
You can't buy foreign currency unless it's 2 months prior to your travel. I'm also going to Europe that time :) Down there at 930 on the Euro there is quite a big support. Will probably get there in a month time....maybe less. Something to note: It's Simon's little secret applies here....follow the trend. Since OCT 08' Eur has been weakening ;) ....that to say...if a base is not formed at 930 then in July u might get it at 900!! With the extra bucks...come and visit me in Barcelona and we can watch Bullfighting together! :)
0 Kudos
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
Roboren, you can buy or sell EUROZAR currency futures now and cash them in later, whenever it is best in your favour. But although the EURO is weakening against the U$ and some other currencies, it does not move much against the ZAR.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we've had almost 10% moves on the Rand/Euro in the last week ..
0 Kudos
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
My apologies. Perhaps he can then buy some EUROZAR futures now. I see this morning's recommendation from OST says that the ZAR could strengthen against the EURO in the med term..
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
The amount of money you are going to spend on a holiday does not really warrant the exchange rate worry. You win some or you loose some. Take whatever cash you need and your credit card and have fun!
0 Kudos