Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R/$

sponono
Super Contributor
the Rand has strengthened to below R8.20 and $gold price is all over the place. What's the short-term outlook for gold stock? Up, down or flat? I'm betting DOWN.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well... I've taken back a batch of GFI and added some HAR for good measure - so I'm betting that it will go up, go down or stay flat. BUT up over time.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Not stocks I normally trade, but seeing ANG & GFI were good to me in May, thought I'd take a nibble (long)on ANG at 27550 today
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
I reckon up for the next 6 months at least, I'm buying HAR.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Got some Harmony,looking for a bounce
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Forget the rand, it is all about the dollar index. USD is threatening to reverse, but still keeping its upward trend. So continued rand weakening is still the trend of the year. That will be good for non-exchange traded metals like iron ore and coal. Plat, gold, copper, etc are likely to continue to suffer, so I would also say that the more likely event is a renewed selloff in resources. But we are at a turning point, so place your bets.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Got some GFI yesterday. Me thinks that when Driefontein west shaft re-opens it will play catch up to ANG. Short term I see gold at 1650.
0 Kudos