Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R127 and below =

Not applicable
Investors/Traders :Accumulation in step-down(every R2 down from R127) fashion to major Support at R120...buying the weakness now,to sell the strength later.Averaging the Buy,for cost-efficiency.Just a thought,etc.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
I watched The Financial Boy from GFI on Summit this evening. They have a serious cost problem. Although costs were flat the last financial reporting period they are definitely going to escalate in the next. He mentioned increases in line with inflation, which I would take with a rather large chunk of salt. He went on to mention things that cost a lot more like tyres that were $2000 a piece are now $10000 or $12000 a piece. Everything they use in the process of making Gold like cyanide etc has gone up and the Ore Grades are down in the Free State. He was also talking about the South American Operation where they are sitting with a major water problem. They need water to wash the ore. So without water that operation may start costing them. He did not mention anything about future earnings that I can remember, but more about costs. So in summary COSTS are a big issues with literally all the Gold Miners it seems? Please don't tell Dr Roffey I said that.:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BTTB : Fundamentally,you are quite correct...but the Rand-weakness will sort that out + Gold's next BIG earnings-push($760 and $882) is almost here..thus, putting the GFI Point and Figure BUY signal in a Buy-area on temporary supply-weakness as at = Allrighty then.Bring the Truck.Load step-by-step...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AngloGold Ashanti also posting losses this morning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Losing patience here....when someone asked if they should buy GFI a few days ago you said yes and I warned against it....the GFI chart looks really horrible...shove that buying area cr@p where it fits....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold miners always post losses - it's what they do best. The only time they didn't was when the rand collapsed to around 13.00.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
There are so many quality shares on the JSE, why would someone even think to look at this dog ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm wary of GFI since it whacked me for a call warrant loss in Oct last year...
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Mammon - feel the same!!!
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
i think GFI is agood trading share for ssf due it its big price swings up and down but not a good long term investment just reminds me of airlines where there are always risks of rising costs
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone checked out Wits Gold? WGR. This Gold Share has made 51.88% since the 7th of February when it was showcased in Cape Town at the JSE Mining Conference.
0 Kudos