Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R5000 into R25000

Not applicable
point really is that any idiot can get lucky and make a 100% profit in no time....doing it once requires absolutely no skill or even "luck"...I would say that instead of being fortunate to have made that return it was very unfortunate...it has set him up for failure....big time..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
That was my point of the sage advice thread..I cant believe so many thought he did a good thing... I did the maths, to have made 170 from those 2 trades he comitted all his capital both times, or took gearing to that effect... I give him 3 months..if he does not change his stratergy fast.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh ive done it many times previously with Nedbank.. Well that was my first trade with stanard bank... And its not luck, its skill!! And thats not all my capital, just a small portion!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
your right chartist... 1 month!
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
4 law modules... wow , you are quite the expert...arrogant little richard
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
And if you can call the bottoms and tops of a share correctly for 4 consecutive times, you don't need our advise.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
that sounds like a very high risk strategy, i believe allocating 10% of ones total cash to a single trade is the way to go, reduces risk and if done consistently over time will work out well (with reduced risk) - but my strategy is long term and i don't trade much anymore - mostly due to my day-job not allowing much trading time...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes i dont need anyones advice!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes i dont need anyones advice!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. how you doing nowdays, long time no chat, Bulletjie?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'll give you some for nothing. When it comes to punctuation - more apostrophes and fewer exclamation marks.
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh ive skipped primary school..Im sorry!!!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Have you considered getting a job for BofA, Barclays or Citigroup, or some of the other US or UK investment banks, they demand your SKILL to help them survive?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
they pay very good salaries, or at least used to...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Super-Genius? You really made nobody doubt your abilities with that comment.
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Hey Werner... things are looking up. Will send you an email later.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
On the fortunes paid for the genius of investment bankers, have you seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJmTCYmo9g ? It's very funny.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Meant skipped primary school about the exclamation mark thing!! And thanx but no thanx, im studying for my b.compt degree..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
cool, will be waiting, good to hear from you.
0 Kudos