Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R5000 into R25000

Not applicable
Bil @ 158, Mtn @ 92 AND Sbk @ 71...I always deal with Bil & Mtn. Bought Sbk because dividends will cover the costs and brokage...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you bought sbk last week any day last week you would be down 10 bucks a share, mtn down 6 bucks a share and bhp down at least 20 bucks, oeps, i think you must be on a buy and hold strategy currently
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That does not sound like me momentum..sure you not speaking to someone else!??
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Barclays shareprice yesterday had a good run.. +66.12% today up again... http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BARC.L
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
how long do you plan to hold SBK, long term? they not paying divs really soon (unless i missed it) - i have SBK for long term, but that is 5years+
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
OK so lets see the trade history?
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Shaun, good idea...
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Shanil, there is only one way to get everyone off your back. How about letting the forum know how your NEXT 3 trades perform. BEFORE you enter your next 3 trades, let the forum know at what prices you are entering the trades and just before you exit, let the forum know at what prices you are exiting. Then let the forum judge you on your performance. Do you accept the challenge?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hello LG... its not a matter of getting a pick right or wrong..its about trading in a way that will mean you are still trading and growing your capital in 10 years time.. any chop and get lucky ..even a coin can land on heads 20 times in a row.. that does not change the odds of the outcome.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just missed one, Dividend payable 5th Feb. 319c . . . And im selling sbk probably end of this week or early next week
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Are you sure you not looking at the divs for the SBK retail note? They havent paid once this year yet, i have the shares and if they pay them i would have gotten dividends...
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi John. You're absolutely correct. However, the purpose of the challenge was to see if our young forumite knows this. It's a pity you've given him his "free out of jail card". It's important that one acknowledges that one should rather focus on the collective PROCESS rather than the individual OUTCOME.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
werner, i would like to see his prediction of 5 shares to end december 2009
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My God it must be a new year and a solar eclipes because we agree.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
I was wondering why it was raining unexpectedly over Newlands this morning..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
momentum, that would be interesting, unfortunately there is on entry with his nickname, Shanil, do you have 5 shares that would be the best 'portfolio' for the year?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
it never unexpectedly rains in newlands..its just sometimes unexpectedly sunny.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Hands up all those who managed to turn R5k into R25k since the conception of this post...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Now lets see a show of hands who turned 25K into 5K
0 Kudos