Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

RATE CUT

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Morning All , Could you all be so kind as to predict a rate cut and amount for Thursday. It will be interesting to get your expert opinions. (ie. Yes 100 bps )Thank You for your participation
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
Yes 100 bps
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No rate cut.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no rate cut
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
No rate cut but if there is I would think 50bps
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
KVW thats a cop out - 75bps
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
no rate cut, our economy isn't slowing enough to warrant it, would only create more volatility.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes 100 bps
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
no rate cut
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Analysis completed. 0.7121 probability of no rate cut 0.191 probability of 50 point cut 0.07433 probability of 75 point cut 0.0187 probability of 100 point cut 0.00387 probability that the markets crash so badly that it simply would not matter anymore I'm bord.... can you tell?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
The forward JIBAR yield curve has priced in 5-6 rate cuts starting early 2009, so no rate cut would be a surprise. 50bps cut.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
100bps on Thurs and 300bps over the next 12 months.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NO rate cut
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
No Rate Cute but possible 50bps due to 'popular' pressure and ignoring fundamentals. The lesser of two evils is no rate cut. Oh, and Tito doesn't like being told what to do
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Rate Cut between 50 and 100bps.
U guys seem to forget that the inflation targeting is forward looking. It doesnt matter that we are double the ceiling target. Think what July next year's inflation is going to be. Think oil $147 July 2008 and $50 July 2009, and the list goes on. You could see deflation towards end of next year at this rate. Not many retailers are going to put their prices up next year eventhough they need it as there's no demand. Seem unlikely? Well breaching the 6% seemed unlikely just a couple of months before in fact breaching it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I wana buy a bank to take advantage of the rate cut..which 1?? and hows OML @ 730??
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
seemed unlikely to whom? Not the Resbank's remuneration committee?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
They are not a bank,but an insurance company....Their record internationally has been dismal,with many poor decisions....How ever their local bank i.e. Nedbank is now performing slightly better than the banking average.
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
No rate cut.
0 Kudos