Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

RED Tuesday

Not applicable
All global stocks are strong red. What happened? Any big story that is driving the market down?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
asylum
Super Contributor
Yes Drop in Services Sector Pushes Futures Lower!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The Institute for Supply Management's index of non-manufacturing plummeted to 41.9 from 54.4 in December, its largest monthly decline on record and a far greater drop than Wall Street expected. A Reuters poll of economists had produced a median expectation of a drop to 53.0
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That information must've been leaked this morning before the report was released. Stocks been falling since this morning. Hope the situation will improve next week.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Guys I hate to cast a shadow but its going to be a while before we get good news. This is a bear market and will stay that way until there is statistical proof that there is no recession in the USA or that its over i.e decreasing unemployment etc. Until then look for short plays this previous week was a gift not a trend. If we don't test the lows now we will soon resistance is futile. If we don't make a new low then maybe its turned until then the bear is here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is beautiful how we bounced off the upper resistance line yesterday. Just a pity I burned my fingers on predicting the lower resistance line 3 weeks ago and was too afraid to get into the shorts this morning.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Vitorc how did you draw that resistance line?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Draw a line from the daily high on 2007-11-09, through the close on 2007-12-10 and through the daily high on 2007-12-11. That, roughly, is my resistance line.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
open the allshare index chart and have a look from the 19th NOV to the 28th Nov then draw a straight line across starting at the bottom of the candle sticks and you will see we bounced off that line, cheers.
0 Kudos