Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

RED

Not applicable
Futures markets tanking BIG TIME..Hold on tight 400pts and counting..
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
richardw
Super Contributor
Some *genius* at the EU decided they should tell the market there's a possibility of a catastrophic event in the next few hours. Well, duh. The 'possibility' has been there for days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip,doesn't make for good trading if you are caught on the wrong side..lots of big buys went through at 550 and 620 and jump they did..think 2m opening going to interesting.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
details please.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Marketwatch.com: --The European Union's energy commissioner on Wednesday warned that 'possible catastrophic events' in Japan could be seen in the next few hours, news reports said, knocking U.S. stocks and roiling financial markets.--
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Thank J-man now let's see my shorts making me some money tomorrow.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Thanks J-man now let's see my shorts making me some money tomorrow.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
mmhhh, yes. US markets below significant support, string negative momentum everywhere and lots of grim news (the non price bit...). Also took a big short position overnight on the ALSI - so far looking like a good call, but the fat lady is still singing...
0 Kudos