Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

REI -broth or Sloth

Not applicable
I anxiously grabbed this share a few months ago with it's blossoming growth expectations dripping ever so tempting from the tree of eternal value. What should have been a powerful additive to my puny mixed bowel of equities is now crawling its way up and down nerve-roots! Another one of these shares with even less performance value than a Sloth's breakfast is PPC! I'm at the table dining for medium to longer term sessions (4 - 12 month). Is there anybody out there with the same vision that can dish-up some nutritional suggestions?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Ha ha - so well written! Excellent stuff.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Flip.......lol....welcome to trading on the stock market
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Although a bit disappointing with regards to the price actualy moving, but i would have expected the share price to be more active once they actually use the cash on hand to invest etc etc. I stand to be corrected, but is it not too soon to be expecting significant price movements in this purely long term stock?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Sorry im referring to REI here
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
I am viewing this as a long term stock and buy more on weakness - the Ruperts have put a lot of their family trust money in this stock, therefore expect it to perform well over time..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
owning REI is basically owning BAT (80% of portfolio) with a management fee. I would rather own BAT myself until REI is better spread.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
AK Dis,seeing you intend staying at the dining table for a fairly extended period I would suggest your attire should be purchased at MPC, maybe those specials at 2999, for a meal I'd suggest chicken, RBW, wait for their special, 1499, and what beter way too wash all this down with a frostie from SAB, or maybe some bubbly from DST.Should the poor tummy be all over the place because of this feast, visit APN, if they can't help give Adrian a call at DSY.Good luck.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
One thing to bear in mind is that at the moment BAT has a foreign company location or status. This means that the only way for the large funds to invest in BAT, in large volumnes that is, is through Reinet. However BAT is applying to have its status changed to a South African location status. If the JSE allows this then everyone and the large funds can invest loads of moola directly in BAT. This may, i repeat, MAY, result in a capital outflow from Reinet. This may be keeping the price down at the moment. I am personally waiting for the result of the BAT application before I buy more Reinet. I hope that makes sense - I am not sure if I have got this spot on - but thats the gist.
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
This doesn't make sense to me because one can freely buy BTI or REI shares. B.T.W. what is keep BTI down for the last week or so even with very good results?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
As far as I am aware Funds have to use their 15% allocation to buy into BAT at the moment. Individuals can buy freely though.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
What weakness ? - hopefully it will divest itself of BAT over time - purely because of the bad news that tobacco is. But in the meanwhile it will be just a cash cow that will feed further purchases. The only question is what will they buy - will it be an offshore Remgro?? I will steadily accumulate this - on blind faith - because the last people who are going to tell you anything are the Ruperts. And you better understand one thing - the manager will get richer than the shareholders. ( Do the maths.)
0 Kudos