Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

REI sell

SKALA
Super Contributor
Very disapointed with the performance of REI and now a big sell signal with down break from support line. If no bounce off 200MA then I see problems. Why the strong fall??
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
take a look at BTI...
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Look at BTI so what?? Dividend is up, vol is down 1%, share price is also down. But REI is sitting with a mountain of cash and BTI. Not performing and shareholders pay a large management fee for the non performance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes it does have a lot of cash but considering that its main holding is BTI, when BTI drops 4 %, as well as the fact that it hasn't had much upward movement in the last few months, REI's performance is going to suffer, remember this share is a long term proposition...
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks, often my long term is the next okes short term time span!!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And supposedly a lot of the performance pay was for the YoY increase since the bottom last year! Eish.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Factor in also the performance of the ever weakening Euro. Given the problems in euroland plus other issues discussed on this subject and you have lots of selling pressure. ditto Steinhof
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
As an investor and share holder you have every right to pick up the phone and ask them these questions dirrectly..Let them know they are full of ***** and ask if they got paid a bonus for doing nothing, let them know your displeasure...Personally I think Rupert for all his sucsess thinks minority share holders should view themselves as lucky to be invested with him as opposed to, him lucky to have them..which is the way we should be viewed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see REI in 2 ways... 1: the management have such foresight they know there is going to be another huge collapse in world markets in the near future (EU collapse maybe?) and that is when their new investment arm will spring into action and take advantage of a worldwide firesale... or 2: they figured REI was the perfect way to line their pockets with a few hundred million during a recession? - So far Im leaning towards point 2.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Reinet OP JOU GAT!!
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
I share Tribalzone's sentiment. But, I guess it is all about the individual's goals - whether you are a investor or trader. It is nice to hunt dividends - however, I believe in the bigger picture.............
0 Kudos