Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

REI

Not applicable
Any idea on REI ??
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
DEP
Super Contributor
NAV at R20.40 (28/10/2008) according to Johan Rupert last night... so big discount to NAV
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
This morning my account showed my holdings of REI and BAT, but now they have dissapeared from my account. Any explenation?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
read the notice on main page, theyve been removed while doing some corrections
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks; did not see notice. I do not want to lose these shares.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Is today too late to get in on the BAT unbundle?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Yes, too late. LDT was 27 Oct. However I think safe to buy either BAT or REI today, for medium to longer term hold. OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yipee my REIs are back in my account and Im sitting on a 9801.9% profit:)
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
By our calculations here: Reinet has a value of around R 21 a share: this is from the a BAT value of around 16.70, cash of around 4.20 and other investments at 0.66 a share. Total around 2100. This valuation is dependent on current Rand / Euro / Pound exchange rates for the BAT shares and cash. If we use a discount rate for holding companies of 30% (this could be higher or lower) we have a value of R 15 odd a share. This is better than the R12.90 odd its trading at. What are your thoughts - Werner and Skala?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I havent looked in detail at Reinet yet. I am a big fan of Johann Rupert, and have full confidence in his companies. But for investing, i would have to look in more detail into the company... Just by looking very fast at the numbers i see on OST, it looks like a good deal for long term investments. website: http://www.reinet.com/ i will check it out in detail and we can discuss the findings, etc...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Sorry, i just have to say this... It looks like Louig, Allen Gray, Warren Buffett, myself and Reinet are in the same club, that club of unambitious people... but lets see over the years how unabitiously Reinet fares...
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Thats heady company Werner - any idea what Stephen Mildenhall is doing these days? I heard he was off to start his own business in the UK (I think).
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip, you right, he is in UK...
0 Kudos