Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

RMBMIDCAP mid cap ETF

Not applicable
Now this is an interesting product for the passive investor. An ETF in my favourite sector. Just need to see what the div policy will look like, but I think this will beat the top40 index any day of the week, month or year!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BC02
Super Contributor
saw this one this week as well, looks good, agreed its better than the Satrix Top 40. Only criticism is it holds 60 shares because of the policy, where a couple of them are pure dogs.

Silly really but thats how it works with passive investments.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
outperform vs. Top40 by abt 2:1 over last 1, 3, 5 years .. div likely not strong because of the companies in it .. an ya it gets the dogs dropping out of the Top40, but also has less resource exposure and less dual listed exposure (in facty probably no dual listed) .. I like, gonna buy for niece and nephew ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed...if thats your time horizon...I have this in long term portfolio...if however you are looking at getting in now be aware that mid and small caps lead into declines and vice versa....we see it with Russel 2000 currently which I believe is leading the large cap indexes like S&P and Dow lower. They have historically been good leading indicators.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Thanks for bringing this one to our attention.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, thanks Skaap..at last some useful information!
0 Kudos