Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ROBEX

Not applicable
Hi. Anybody got any info on robex shares to be listed 20 March? Good or bad idea?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Looks good. Youhave to buy min of R100k though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks freeking good, bring in those tractors, time to build a massive pile of money.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
The directors are clever in that they havent set the actual price yet. (They have set a range of R13.5-R15). This makes you think whether they were doubtful of whether adequate applications would be received or whether they are being greedy. But, I am still gonna subscribe for it. Rumours has it that there will be a huge over-subscription which means that demand will be more than supply... hence R15 could become R20?R25? Who nows...
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
Call me sceptical, but will investors put R825m into a company that has at present only a promise of returns. I can find no financials on its website on which they base the R13-R15. This figure 'might' become R25 but there's no guarantee. Caveat emptor.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
U wouldnt find financials of the company on the web as they're not required to disclose it as an uinlisted entity. U can get it however. Just a quote from the FD - "This is a major milestone in the history of Raubex. The company has an excellent 30 year track record and is a market leader in road construction and rehabilitation in South Africa. The listing will contribute towards the future growth of our business as we scale up to take advantage of the significantly increased investment in infrastructure in South Africa over the next few years. I am excited about the prospect of moving onto the next phase in the company's history and look forward to welcoming our new shareholders."
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Some more info - Raubex, a dynamic South African road construction group plans to list on the JSE on 20th March 2007 in the industrial heavy-construction sector. This represents the biggest direct listing on the JSE for about three years. The market capitalisation is estimated to be approximately R2.4 billion and the company is poised to benefit from increasing infrastructure spend in South Africa over the next five to ten years. Raubex was founded by J E 'Koos' Raubenheimer in Bloemfontein in 1974 and it has delivered consistent growth and uninterrupted profitability for over three decades. The Group comprises of three main divisions being road and civil infrastructure construction, road rehabilitation and aggregates and employs over 2 800 people. The company's vision is to become the leading road construction and associated infrastructure operator in southern Africa. OFFERING HIGHLIGHTS * Raubex will be listed in the "Industrials - Heavy Construction" sector of the JSE * The Offer price range is expected to be between R13.50 and R15.00 per share, implying a market capitalisation of between R2.2 and R2.4 billion * The Offer, which is being managed by Investec Corporate Finance through a book building process, comprises a private placing of 55 852 730 Raubex shares being sold by current shareholders. Subject to a further allotment (`greenshoe') option granted by the company to Investec Corporate Finance, the free float on the JSE once the listing is concluded will be between 34.4 and 37.5%
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Heres a clipping of some info. I haven't pasted finanical numbers as I can't paste tables here. Raubex Sale of 55.8m shares in Raubex at a price between 1350cps and 1500cps prior to listing. Very little information: not even forecasts for financial year ending February 2008. Raubex is basically an infrastructure development company focusing on road construction. There are three divisions: Raubex Construction< Road Construction> Raodmac Raumix Some 6% of revenue generated from projects outside SA. Both Raubex construction and Roadmac seem to be part of the "top" road-building companies, which are active in SA. Construction related companies are in a very enviable "sweet" spot and general consensus is that this situation will at least last for another 5 years. In the recent past, construction companies have gone through some very lean times. Especially road builders suffered due to a lack of government spending on roads. Group 5 almost completely shut down its road division due to lack of sufficient work and he risk attached to cross-border work. Now a catch-up situation is developing: spending is taking off. But road building capacity has been reduced, which should make road building contracts a lot more attractive than in the past. In short, most construction companies' bottom lines should be boosted by higher volumes (sales) and better margins. Recently there have been two well publicised recent market transactions in similar companies: Quarry Cats was a company recently acquired by Group 5 for R750m. The company consists of three divisions: aggregates (quarries) 3m tpa contract crushing (dumps) 7m tpa ready mix concrete 400 000cum pa Afrimat was a recent listing. The shares were placed at 500cps but trade now at 930cps. The company focuses on aggregates, ready mix, concrete products and bricks. Considering the unique positioning of Raubex, the pricing in terms of P/E does not look excessive, even at an offer price of 1500cps, when compared to Quarry Cats and Afrimat.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does anybody know how i can get my share of this IPO
0 Kudos