Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ROI on warrants etc

Not applicable
Hey everyone, I know I'm going to get hundreds of different answers, but just want to get a rough idea. What is your average ROI per month when trading warrants and share instalments?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
depends how long your piece of string is ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
% wise, exclude brokerage fees? 5, 10, 20%?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have been trading warrants since late 1997 and whilst I can (but don't) give an average return for the 108 months that I have been trading it is meaningless .. some months I don't do a trade, some months are great or rotton and I have used different strategies over the years ..

really it is a factor of risk/reward more then anything else .. and more important it is not going to make you rich in a hurry .. aim for a modest market beating return and adapt it along the way ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AKA swing trading
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Heres another question: what is the biggest toy you bought yourself after a trade went your way?
0 Kudos
Happy
Contributor
Why the Q, your thinking of becoming a daytrader and instead of doing your work you have an excell spread sheet open and you keep making the sums.......wishing I think conservatively you can work on 15-20%, all depending on risk exposure etc etc.
0 Kudos