Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

RSI

green_goblin
Contributor
Hey guys it me again I appreciate the help you have given me today my last questions for today have to do with RSI 1) firstly witch line is the RSI (blue or Red ) and I assume the other line (blue or red is as MA) on standard bank charts 2) what do the parameters 14 and 9 represent 3) from what I can gather or assume When the red line crosses the blue line from bellow in a bye region i.e. close to 30 this indicates bye signal 4) and When the red line crosses the blue line from above in a sell area near the 70 this indicate a sell signal 5) if the security is reaching new highs but the RSI ( red line I think) is failing to do so this may indicate a reversal Am I correct in these assumptions? Thank you the green goblin P.S the cunning warrior attacks not the body nor the mind but the heart
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SIMBA
Super Contributor
If you change your handle your responses will be beter, for most of us over 40 {i am 56 } you remind us of a lady called rossie who worked at the naval dock yard........
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
google, Welles Wilder, and learn from the man himself...
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Go here they answer all your questions and more http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/rsi.htm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, this is a useful tool I like this one with momentum to see direction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jack, Do you use the linsoft program at all?
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
shot guys i understand OR RSI works, just in particular with standard bank chats, wich dose the red line have to cross the blue line from the bottom to present it's self with a byeing oppetunitie or the other way round
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, red over blue (blue under red) for buying.
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
shot CPS is that the same for all occolaters of standard banks chats likr MFI at stacstics ( sorry dont have a clue how to spell that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, red is indicator, blue is smoothed average etc.
0 Kudos