Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Racist Comments on this Forum

Preston
Super Contributor
The former head of internal audit at the South African Revenue Service (Sars) is expected to face tax evasion charges in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court on Monday. Edward Mmbulungeni Mushanganyisi, who was appointed the head of internal audit in September 2001, was suspended in July 2003 following allegations of misconduct, said Sars spokesman Adrian Lackey. This included a charge that he only appointed candidates from a recruitment agency called Izwe Labantu and that he received kick-backs from placement fees. The Special Compliance Unit, now known as the National Enforcement Unit, investigated the allegations and a disciplinary inquiry followed. The internal inquiry found Mushanganyisi guilty of corruption related to his relationship with Izwe Labantu. He was also found guilty of creating another recruitment agency, Glory of the Nation, in the name of his wife and mother-in-law, by forging the signature of a manager in the internal audit department. The internal inquiry also found Mushanganyisi guilty of a third charge of tax fraud for submitting fraudulent information on the business kilometres he travelled. He was dismissed in 2004 but appealed the decision at the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA). However, the CCMA dismissed the matter, which was before the commission from August 2005 to February 2008. "The matter was then handed over to the Scorpions for further investigation and now a criminal case has been brought against him," said Lackey. Mushanganyisi is facing two charges of tax evasion related to fraudulent travel claims in 2001 and 2002. His trial, which has been postponed several times because Mushanganyisi changed legal teams three times, was set down to take place from Monday to Friday this week.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yawn.....!!!!!! Please Russel - Press the green button. It's the one next to the red one saying Vernon has left the building.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Sorry Chuck..power outage
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
I agree ....looi hom Kwagga! It seems like most of the formites are a bunch of fart.... Ohhh hell i am going to be crucified now? Well I do not care ....you all have a great day now!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Skyhawk, i take offence on anyone who call kwagga "a fart".lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Selling shares to somebody based on the colour of there skin is a racist decison. period. I am not a racist for noting the obvious. Investors have the right to be pissed off when they are being marginilised based on skin colour. That is the reason that the freedom fighters went to war.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
What war!!! Oh, you mean necklacing innocent people and making women drink soap detergent and cooking oil and bombing civilians in bars and restaurants...the same "freedom fighters" who never attacked SADF installations and now shield dictators and various other scoundrels in world forums...and pretending to rule a country that has been made ungovernable and whose institutions are slowly being pot-holed....quite an upstanding bunch indeed!!
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Simon can i please change my name.......
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
You do know that atrocities were committed on both sides, don't you?
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
i also want to change my name .... "the hawk has landed"..
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Morgan Tsvangarai's opinion is extremely important (and don't forget he is black) I admire his decision that he refused to participate in negotiations if Mbeki was the only negotiater - well, that was a week or so ago - I'm not sure about his recent moves. Now that decision was enough evidence that that Mbeki was on the side of Mugabe. And it's also clear that the majority of the cabinet support Mbeki - look at the reaction when he gets confronted by opposition MP's. Mbeki and Mugabe (and possibly also Sam Njoma) have a very long friendship and it's undisputable that those 3 are anti-white. Mugabe declared all whites "the enemy" - and that was publicly - when the government started to support the war vets. Why didn't Mbeki speak out against it ??? - because deep inside he feels the same !!
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
You chose the perfect forum name ! loo also means toilet. OK, you said you will never read this forum again. Herewith we flush you down the loo ! Goodbye
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Mosis, the reality is that it will never happen. While many white yuppies with small brilletjies and jell in their hair will try to be part of the rainbow nation and force themselves to be colorblind, the reality will strike them sooner or later - many time with a helluva shock. A colorblind society is a dream and it will ALWAYS be - no matter where you live. Not even your ANC government is colorblind - BEE; affirmative action; sport racial quotas;..... The closest you can get to piece is borders.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
At least this thread with its diverse viewpoints has stayed alive.Its a shame that the hypersensitivity of Greg S killed someone else's query.It too could have led to some interesting debate on the merits and demerits of BEE (and affirmative action).
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
The destruction of the Landbank could be the latest case study....
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This is just a lame thread. Instead of pulling a race card, stand up for human rights and free speach.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
what a load of cr@p. "The seeds of Apartheid were sowed as early as 1910. Apartheid officially became law after the Reunited National Party won the white minority elections on the 28th May 1948. This victory was hailed as a "Miracle" and clear proof that God was watching over his Volk" "
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I refre to this " This victory was hailed as a "Miracle" and clear proof that God was watching over his Volk" as a load of cr@p.
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Preston, i think the seed of apartheid was sown when Jan and his men met with Harry die strandloper and his men way back in the 1650's. Legislation just made it official in 1948.And like any piece of legislation, it can be undone, but human opinions are not always that easy to change...and ultimately an opinion is like a poepol...everybody has one...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Human beings are prejudiced end of story. Aparthied in all its forms is simple economic stratergy ( effective but morally questionable). The question we all should be asking is who is adding value, and who is destroying value. Support those who create or add value and denounce those who retard or destroy value... let that be the prejudice.
0 Kudos