Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rand is key - did they see it AND hedge the risk??????

Fhydvjtfg
Contributor
With such a large percentage of ATR's earning made outside of SA, the strong rand must be messing up the earnings figures. With the share price at an all time low (75c) does any one know any other reasons for the fall in share price, besides the strong rand? Please tell me that ATC hedged themselves against the rand strengthening? Does any one know if ATR has any kind of hedging policy? I don't remember reading anything about this in the last financials. Like I say, if they didn't...then the 75c may be justified, and if the rand remains at these levels for longer (e.g. 7.3 - 7.5 to the USD) then I suspect ATR could test 67c before long. Risk is still to the downside, and the trend is my friend! Peace!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
topgun
Super Contributor
You must also factor in the earnings dilution caused by the BEE deal concluded subsequent to ye. - the funds so acquired will only start to contribute to income over time. Besides the currency impact, this will also be reflected in the forthcoming interims - clearly the market is correctly anticipating a nasty?
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
ATR has a policy of NOT hedging against this risk. While there might be natural hedges in its business, I doubt it has changed this policy since it communicated it.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
0 Kudos