Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rand pulling the share down!!!

Not applicable
With gold climbing higher the rand is obviously keeping this share lower than it should be. Surely the ZAR should pull back +/- 40 cents soon. Anyone agree and still buying HAR because of this
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
I am buying Harmony because they have a good cash position at the moment, meaning acquisitions to come and profit they make on gold above 900 as Gold is set to break 1000 this time. That will take gold shares to new highs all by itself. Right now people are buying and selling on the R/POG, and nothing else is being considered. Graph still looks good, to test 110- 115, then 125 then go higher, so imo relax, give it some more time. I am so eager for Har to go to 115 so I can lock in my profits. Just remember for the last 3 weeks, gold has come down in the start of the week then towards the end of the week it has turned and made new weekly highs. Currently - MAY 2009 - was the highest ever weekly/monthly close!
0 Kudos
watchmefly
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A couple of months ago, I was longing to have some Gold shares in my portfolio. Now, me and the markets are in perfect Harmony. I'm going SSF with this one against my entire portfolio. When the market goes carzy, this one just genrates the cash, I use that to buy a couple more here and there when thier prices have fallen.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's Harmony Gold Mining Co. said at least 36 illegal miners were killed in an underground fire .... Down 4 % in US
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Sold my last gold share this afternoon,plobably good shorting chance tomorrow.
0 Kudos