Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rate Cut

platsak
Super Contributor
What Time. Will we maybe be surprised? Take a Guess.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DEP
Super Contributor
Just after 3 pm; no surprise; drop of 100 bcp.
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
below 1% me think!!!and the market will tumble. It just has to!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tom, how goes "the best trade you will ever make" ??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol. I see, that be why the market "has to" tumble. But yes, the gap of yesterday will be sure to apply a lot of pressure on the recent rally. Simon, would that be a good place for you to enter your long after today's confirmation that we've entered a new up trend? (or will you wait to make sure support doesn't fail?).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I am a long way away from longs .. this rally looking more and more like a bear market rally .. more upside very probable, but still a bear ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like bil caught some by suprise.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
any news?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
No move on the market ... fully priced in?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Banks are all hopping all over the place. Was there any mayor sentiment that was relayed by the Governors speech?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I don't think so but I was just listening for a number. Yadda yadda world economy, near-term inflation up a bit but it should be fine in the medium term. He said "it's not business as usual" which the talking heads picked apart. A few numbers but my untrained ear didn't "get" them. No doubt ClassicFM et al will fill us in.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see another rate cut of 50bp next month. I see the market has not responded yet but the markets are slowly recovering. Remember buy high and sell higher. Old Mutual, Sasol and Mtn so far are moving higher but not investing at the moment cos the market is still vulnerable. Happy buying guys!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tis not time to buy
0 Kudos