Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Re Mittal Divi

asylum
Super Contributor
Can anyone tell me if there are any taxes payable on the mittal specila dividen. The full amount was paid but only the standard divi is showing on the dividend page .
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dividend and special div are tax free in your hands. But teh capital reduction will reduce your cost price and hence will mean more tax when you sell at profit.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Good Morning Simon... Has that lazy system of yours fired of any buy signals yet?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, not yeti, and still likely to be a way off. That said it currently says primary trend is down (so any trades will be shiorts until primary is up), having turned south on 03 Aug. In the last 3 years we've only had two down periods and both lasted 5 days in total.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
When are you coming to Cape Town to teach me how it works, I always thought I was smart enough to outperform any lazy systems, turns I am only smart enough to realize that I am not.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya that's why I love it, smarter then me and as lazy. Was in CT last week (or week before). Next trip for the trading skills course 3rd week of Nov. Otherwise you buy the drinks one time when I be in CT later thsi month or next.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Always happy to drink. Let me know when you are coming.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
will do, have a few trips this month. When flgiths booked will give you a shout.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos