Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Real Estate Investment Trusrs

barry_1
Super Contributor
There six South African(PUTS) Trusts....First thing u will notice that a Dividend Yeild never shows under the company profiles.The reason for this is that the full earnings yeild is payed out as nothing is kept back by the companies.The reason is that the tax will be payed by the recipient at his tax rate instead of a company tax rate....Originally this was supposed to make it easier for ordinary people to own listed property....Second what u receive is interest income NOT Dividends and the amount should added to your taxable income,which usually means u will receive more income than if the tax was payed by the company.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
barry_1
Super Contributor
Income from Industrial land is expected to show growth of tewnty percent this year....Thirdly this is a well regulated industry and is much safer than property loan stock,as they have to pay out nearly all the interest they receive....look om Company Profiles at the charts and u will see how well they are doing at the moment...THE FIVE MAIN PUTS ARE; CPL..EY 7%,EMI...EY 12%,FPT,EY7%...SAC,EY 7%,...SYC 8%.THE REASON I CHOSE EMI was that at the time i bought last month the EY was 13%. with a low PE.I expect a heightened stream increasing every year and if measured against the buying price it wll probably double in about four years time.Using this method on FPT which i previously held for FPT(many name changes) for fifteen years the income was 24% by the time i sold it....I expect that there is likely to be a fifteen percent capital gain PA from here on .
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
When interest rates start to fall these returns will become greatly more attractice!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Barry if you need someone to talk to, MEMYSELFANDI is available on 555....
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yep,the silent types trade property,if you notice they dont seem to get outta bed b'fore 12 am.I was really hoping to help the over forties,that feel that they might want to build something for the future as derivitive traders all seem to have very little to show for the effort at the end of their days!Gravy and Brazen like props as well.It does encourage me if ,i get a reply sometimes!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Was just kidding with you Barry. As you are the resident property expert, your posts are ALWAYS appreciated. Why over 40's? One of the biggest advantages of being an investor is time, and it's FREE. One should start investing as soon as one starts to earn a living. One of my favourite investment books is "The Richest Man in Babylon" - George S Clason. Great gift for all ages.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thanks ,i 'll try to find that book to read. Yes youngsters could do well in property over the long haul,although those i've come across,seem the be in the share market for the "big killimg" when one quadruples your money in an eye wink....I've had my share of luck over the years,but also many hard times,and lots of losses,which i prefer to forget!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought into sac a short while ago and bought a few more this morning. Seems to be strong demand at the moment,maybe because the general consensus is that we have come to the end of the rate hikes amd might see rates coming down in the not too distant future.This is probably a good time to get in for the longer term.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nothin wrong with talking to yeself, dude. I do it all the time (tis the only way I can get a word in without an argument from YOu Know Who)
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
As if it's my fault that I always have a lot of interesting stuff to say. . . and Barry's post are free money for those who use them. He's been in the market since the 70s and spots the trends on the turn. Remember the plats?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Mmmmh,interesting stuff,Brazen.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks Russ, it's nice to be appreciated. More interesting stuff to follow. . .
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
It's from the "losses" that we learn the most.
0 Kudos