Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Real Gold

Ega
Super Contributor
The recent GLD post seems to have dropped of the bottom, and I had no time to respond. For a lot of EX-SPURTS on this forum, it seems as if many are misinformed, goes to show that an EX is a "Has Been" and a "SPURT" is a drip under pressure :) Furthermore for some unknown reason Simon seems to be anti-gold, surely the "Trend Is Your Friend" and gold's overall trend is UP, besides IMO they are also a good hedge against a weakening Rand. For the Conspiracy theorists I have a Conspiracy alert! by James Turk; Why the US wants a low gold price - In a nutshell the Big Central Bankers (Gold Cartel) protection of "Fiat" money and their lucrative profits on forward selling The purchase of each Newgold (GLD) is the actual acquisition of 1/100 of one fine troy oz. This gold is held at the Rand Refinery in 400oz London Good Delivery Bars All info No in issue, net asset value, etc http://www.absa.co.za/absacoza/content.jsp?VGN_C_ID=08494ceb96dc1010VgnVCM100000ce17040aRCRD&VGN_CI_... Gold demand doubles; supply tight - http://business.iafrica.com:80/news/872450.htm Not only good for "Lucky Gold Balls" apart from jewellery, a thorough investigation reveals that there is a myriad of applications and uses which support the increasing gold demand. The most exciting being; "The recent announcement regarding the development of a new gold nanotechnology product, predicted to reduce noxious emissions by as much as 40 percent more than existing pure-platinum catalysts at equal cost, is very exciting.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I am not a fan of gold, but that doesn't mean it won't go higher. Just means I don't care. Also remember that gold (GLD) and gold miners are different beastts.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon, yes GLD is the BULL and the miners with their expenses and wage demands often turn into Bears.
0 Kudos