Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Realchartist shows you how to make a Million in 2011... Check it out!

Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Hello all, I wish you enjoyable and successful trading in 2011! Personally, I've resolved to grow my trading account by leaps and bounds this year - you have to aim high to reach the stars and all that. A resource I've found really helpful and inspiring to my quest for extraordinary financial success is Realchartist's challenge to himself, and all of us, to turn a 100k account into a Million Rand account over 2011. I thought I'd share the following video, where he explains how he'll achieve this goal: http://www.realchartist.com/videos/45-how-to-become-a-millionaire.html Now, some might call a 1000% annual return from trading too daring, and usually I'd agree. But, from what I've seen of Realchartist's trading abilities in the tutorial videos and live trading calls on his website, I think he might just do even better! So, if you also want to take your trading to a higher level this year, let's follow Realchartist's daily progress!
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice concept, but there are a few snags. Just be aware of them.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
The two other sites with a lot of free articles and videos on techniques of daytrading are ...informedtrades.com ...and ...yourtradingcoach.com.These are very methodically well prepared and I learned a lot from there. Takes a lot of time and bandwidth though!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, but he highlights once critical component to trading - something I am a great believer in - and that is to have an end goal in sight. If you are planning to make a 50% return, but you are only trading Simon's lazy trade - then you are only going to make about 12 trades per year, of which 40% will be fails, 40% will cover the fails, and 20% will give you at least twice your profit. So 2.4 successful trades means you will have to risk around 10.4% of your portfolio to hit your target. Vitally important that you keep the end goal in mind, IMO
0 Kudos
Stokkie
Occasional Contributor
Yeah, you're right, kwagga, the spreadsheet has a few snags. I found if you delete a value the formula goes haywire. Best to make a copy before you play around with it. Or did you mean with the Challenge, what do you guys think of the achievability of his goal? I've made good money in the ALSI myself through lucky trades, but RC seems confident he can grow his balance consistently while scaling up his trade size. Over a year of daytrading, I'd say luck gets averaged out. So, mathematically possible to hit a big number in a spreadsheet, but how doable is it in the real world?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Gentlemen please remember that this is one trader who will take his 100K and turn it into a mil.....he is the one of the best. If Simon ever made a mistake it was banning chartist from this chat room - a bit like banning Tiger Woods from playing in your companies golf day.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
RC can definately do it, but you won't be able to copy him. Remember if you play with him, you actaully play against him. TOP40 index futures are a zero sum game. He comes to the party with millions. What will you be come with ? Its simple to play 5 contracts @ R 20 000 a pop and R10 per pip, if you haven't bet the house. If however this is 50% or 100% risk to your portfolio your basically dead in the water before you even begun. I have nothing against Chartist, and I follow him as well, but only to learn.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
black and white statements will do it for me ... the rest is just bla,bla,bla !
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you'd invite Tiger Woods to your companies golf day ??? shakes head .. nah mon ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I wouldn't think twice, the man(Tiger) is a machine - his personal shortcomings are not my concern and in some way make him easier to relate to - he is human. Anyway....couldn't care who he (Chartist) offended or why....the forum has been worse off since the day he left and the OST trading community has lost out on a raft of trading expertise that they may otherwise have gleaned from the man.(Not in the best interests of the OST client base) To all you traders out there, if you want to learn from a true intra day trader, this is the dude. www.realchartist.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and just what are you going to learn from this man Ninja ? How to entertain the "Pool Boy" ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but lock your wife and daughters away .. not in any way commenting on chartist .. but I think a persons morals/actions do count as to them getting an invite from me, regardless how good they may or may not be at certain activities ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
At least our wives and daughters are safe with Chartist.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
true. if a person does not add moral value, why have them on your table. would you have JuJu in your house because of his tenders?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
To all of you judging his morals, give me a freakin break....I hope you have removed the log from your own eyes before pointing at others. He is a great trader, as for morals he is not my compass point. Simon, if you object so much to his morals I trust you would not agree to meet with him for drinks at any point? No gentlemen, no hypocrisy please....this is a trading room, nothing else.
0 Kudos
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
I'm with you Ninja, this is just a trading chat room....nothing else...Chartist was the only one whom put real effort in the educational area with his vids and explanations on how he does his trading...have not seen a many whom took the time to do the screen captures and explanations...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I also liked C and he was helpful.Unfortunately he did display his depravities on this forum and I suspect that was his downfall.It didn't bother me personally but there have to be some standards on a forum of this nature.I would not criticise Simon for having a drink with him or anyone else.That is a private matter.As I recall, Chartist's more unsavoury posts were frequently deleted before he was banned so he had fair warning.omo
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Someone else I follow, and he is actually a more experienced private day trader than chartist when it comes to trading: http://www.alsi-trader.blogspot.com/
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ninja, climb off you frigging horse for a moment, open your eyes and read what I said ..
"not in any way commenting on chartist" ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
My apologies Simon, I misunderstood your post. My sentiment remains the same however, if Tiger is a great golfer his morals should not impact on his ability to teach or share his learnings about golf....if he has made mistakes, perhaps his story can help others from making the same mistakes. We all need forgiveness, even Tiger. My apologies again.
0 Kudos