Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Reason for recent price drop

AJ_
Contributor
If the drop in the share price is on account of the Nil paid right, will the Nil paid right expire on 24th July 2014. If so, I expect the trading price to pick up on Friday 25th July. If not, what is the underlying reason for the drop. Is it the dilution and if so, will it drop further to below R50
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
koos2
Super Contributor
Yes, its not hurting yet, drop below R 50 will.
0 Kudos
Molemishi
Contributor
Im confuse, may i sell everything or leave, need assistant on this nil paid right
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I took up my full rights and I am going to stick with my decision. Steinhoff is 'n excellent company and the share price is due to increase over the longer term.
0 Kudos
pwf
New Contributor
I believe nobody quite understands the potential impact, if any, of this rights issue. My view is that it has virtually no impact on existing shareholders and I have taken up all of my rights. Also bear in mind that the rand has shown some strength in the past few days and this will impact the share price since most of its revenue is generated offshore. I believe this Company is going places and I want to be on board.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bear in mind also that this rights issue is pocket change when compared to the secondary listing in Germany
0 Kudos