Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Reasons for share price drop

traderdan
Occasional Contributor
does anyone care to speculate why the price has dropped so drastically in the last month? expected earnings is lower but thats about it.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Could be anything but given the new round of global uncertainty in the markets again, probably a bit of panic selling or de-risking of portfolios. My only advice is stick to your Stop Loss and monitor your trading system/ rules for a possible re-entry point once the sell off subsides should you feel that VMK is a good share and has been oversold.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is a de-risking of portfolios??? Ive never heard this term used before??
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
what does the term - last starfighter - mean ?? are u the last one left ?? has there been many before u ?? who are u fighting currently ?? can i join ?? what happened to the other fighters ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Merely means that you adjust the composition of your portfolio where you believe you are exposed to too much risk in any given sector e.g. if you are too exposed to Retail sector and things are looking bleak for this sector, you off load some of your exposure to the Retail sector by selling Retail shares in your portfolio. This is a very simplistic example but hope it explains what I mean't by de-risking.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we might also ask what happened to fusions 1 through 12320?
0 Kudos
NI93
New Contributor
Hi, do you expect that the share price will increase back to 200c over time, or will it be lingering around in the 120's for a while?
0 Kudos
NI93
New Contributor
Hi, do you expect that the share price will increase back to 200c over time, or will it be lingering around in the 120's for a while?
0 Kudos