Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recent listing

klapka
Super Contributor
Is anyone on the forum following this share? Over subscribed by 25%. I put it on my watchlist as it seemed to be in some interesting spaces. Down 10% since listing.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
thmric010
New Contributor
One to watch.
0 Kudos
KKKK
Contributor
I have some in my portfolio. seems as though some fools like to nibble small bits of this share and other smallcaps to move the price with low volume. what a waste of time. guessing its these market makers who dont pay brokerages. Target of 7.5 and im happy. i must check results
0 Kudos
shorty5
Occasional Contributor
The "dividend " payout looks good at present. ust hope they don't drop drastically before paying out???? Look what happened to DON Feb dividend period.Hope I get some money back from that ??!!
0 Kudos
shorty5
Occasional Contributor
Well! It happened again.Third time still unlucky.Never before in their History has the price changed so drastically after paying dividends (OK these arent dividends as such) what happened???? Even if they pay I'll still not break even.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I dont understand your concern. At least the price only dropped by the amount of the capital distribution and as it's not taxable you are in the same position you were in on Friday.
0 Kudos
shorty5
Occasional Contributor
It's just that I wasted all my time trading to make a profit just to come out with less that what I put in . Why bother? I may as well leave it in the trading account and get interest! If we're lucky it will recover soon (I'd like to see that happen!?) and we'll get what we trade for . Profit not loss.!
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Well I dont own this but any capital distribution or even a dividend is in the share price as soon as it is declared. So you are never going to make extra money short term on either. In other words you cant trade for either and expect to make money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
labat africa share price to increase dramatically in 2015 the Company has been short-listed as a preferred bidder in relation to a potential acquisition of one of the other logistic opportunities. Shareholders are advised that, as a preferred bidder, the Company has signed a non-binding non-exclusive term sheet, with a certain party (?the Seller?) in terms of which Labat will acquire the Seller?s business assets and operations (?the Sale Assets?) (?Proposed Transaction?). In terms of the Proposed Transaction, Labat will acquire the Sale Assets for a purchase consideration of R627.5 million (six hundred and twenty seven million and five hundred thousand Rand) to be settled in cash. check this one out
0 Kudos