Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recommended dividend for PAN

little_milliona
New Contributor
Is it possible to get a dividend that is worth 5x the price of the share? the price is 83c and the recommended dividend is 0.37p when converted to rands is R4.24
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
unlikely .. it may be 0.37p, not 37p ..
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
DPS for PAN in ZAR is around 5.2cps..
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Ooops, mean 4.24c per share.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Div. is 42cents a share I believe - almost half of the current price - unbelievaable ! Must be a buy.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
ok, so striker and little millionaire, you both own PAN..? Or at least you striker. :P
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
..bought this morning - the div. alone will put my net cost at 45c a share - has to be the buy of the century.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Uhm..striker, I'd do your calculations again, if I was you...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Dividend 0.3723/100*11.33=4.21 SA cents right???
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon Can you please clarrify in Rands what the div amount will be? and when would the LDT be. Thank you
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the date will be on the announcement and the amount in rands is unknown as the exchange rate has probably not been published ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
guys, why would a junior mine want to dispose of its cash? Surely it has nice capital projects to invest in?
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I looked for LDT but couldnt find it? Roughly is it 0.42c a share or are my calcs wrong?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
As per the SENS "The board of Directors proposes a final dividend for the year ended 30 June 2010 of GBP5.26 million, which calculated on 1,413,540,711 issued shares currently outstanding, equates to 0.3723p per share, to be approved by shareholders at the forthcoming annual general meeting of the Company." Date not yet known - and yes, 4.206cps at today's exchange rate.
0 Kudos