Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recommended reading

Not applicable
I though I would put a list together of what I am reading, have read and am planning to read in the comming weeks. Wondering if anyone else has a different list?

read:
1 - Market physcology and how it affect your trading.
2 - Trend dynamics applied
3 - one book i am not willing to share right now but has the best ever systems and advise i have seen in a really long time. I want you guys to look around a read up on the rest of the list and see if you can figure it out. It is mentioned in some of the books
4 - v Tharp - Trade your way to financial freedom

Reading:
1 - 9 ways to improve your trading
2 - Behavioral patterns that sabotage every trader
3 - Bill Kraft - Trade you r way to wealth
4 - Guide to effective day trading

To read:
1 - trading myths
2 - Mental Alchemy Money Alchemy
3 - Market Panic
4 - Short selling - A known unkown
5 - Complete guide to day trading
6 - Investor competence trading
7 - Sammy Chaus Day trade your way to financial freedom
8 - Effective investor (Simons recommendation)

Any there are about 30 others i have lying around.

Problem is each has a little bit of something you can use and others have much useless info (mainly american based styles) that I weed out and adapt if I can but mostly ignore. Just good overall thinking books.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
suki
Super Contributor
1. trading for a living- Elder alexander 2. Jon Giaan - Millionare phenomena 3. Gustav le Bon - The crowd 4. Tushar S. Chande - Beyond Technical analysis.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NOw here is probably the most diffucult quote to reason with when trading or investig in the markets

"Don't think, it's very dangerous."

So remember it!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
CPS. Looks like you are retired or one of those super efficient people to be able to do such extensive reading. You definately do not have a 15 month old baby boy with bad sleeping habits like me .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not retired, in my 30's, no kids, insominiac...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What happened to Trading in the Zone?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ha, CPS that quote be spot on .. less thinking = better trading ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That was on my already read list but wanna re-read it so it is back in the 30 plus others will read.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Just finished : The Fox And The Flies. Currently reading :The Keneth Williams Diaries. Next on my list Brian Wilson { Beach Boys }life story. Every penny i have ever made in my life was made using my own resoning, my own reserch and my own gut feeling. If your list was not a joke, take a tip from a self made 56 year old, get a bottle of blue and learn to relax .......
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Thanks - real value add.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
List not a joke, but might seem like it, it is probably more extensive than most peoples reading list. This does not include the 100 odd books I have read for pleasure in the last 18 months. I just enjoy reading and as said insomniac. Sorry dont drink but know how to relax quite well... been laid back my whole life. Not much stresses me out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have read a few of the more technical books out there, but always struggle to finish them as most read like a texbook of sorts. By far the most valuable book I've ever read (a few times) is Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. Entertaining and as valid as ever despite being based on the markets 100 years ago!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Must be one of the first ever books I got. As you say very good and has pretty much everything that is relevant even today. GREAT read..
0 Kudos