Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recommended reading

Highlighted
Not applicable
I though I would put a list together of what I am reading, have read and am planning to read in the comming weeks. Wondering if anyone else has a different list?

read:
1 - Market physcology and how it affect your trading.
2 - Trend dynamics applied
3 - one book i am not willing to share right now but has the best ever systems and advise i have seen in a really long time. I want you guys to look around a read up on the rest of the list and see if you can figure it out. It is mentioned in some of the books
4 - v Tharp - Trade your way to financial freedom

Reading:
1 - 9 ways to improve your trading
2 - Behavioral patterns that sabotage every trader
3 - Bill Kraft - Trade you r way to wealth
4 - Guide to effective day trading

To read:
1 - trading myths
2 - Mental Alchemy Money Alchemy
3 - Market Panic
4 - Short selling - A known unkown
5 - Complete guide to day trading
6 - Investor competence trading
7 - Sammy Chaus Day trade your way to financial freedom
8 - Effective investor (Simons recommendation)

Any there are about 30 others i have lying around.

Problem is each has a little bit of something you can use and others have much useless info (mainly american based styles) that I weed out and adapt if I can but mostly ignore. Just good overall thinking books.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super Contributor
1. trading for a living- Elder alexander 2. Jon Giaan - Millionare phenomena 3. Gustav le Bon - The crowd 4. Tushar S. Chande - Beyond Technical analysis.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
NOw here is probably the most diffucult quote to reason with when trading or investig in the markets

"Don't think, it's very dangerous."

So remember it!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
CPS. Looks like you are retired or one of those super efficient people to be able to do such extensive reading. You definately do not have a 15 month old baby boy with bad sleeping habits like me .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Not retired, in my 30's, no kids, insominiac...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
What happened to Trading in the Zone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
ha, CPS that quote be spot on .. less thinking = better trading ..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
That was on my already read list but wanna re-read it so it is back in the 30 plus others will read.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Just finished : The Fox And The Flies. Currently reading :The Keneth Williams Diaries. Next on my list Brian Wilson { Beach Boys }life story. Every penny i have ever made in my life was made using my own resoning, my own reserch and my own gut feeling. If your list was not a joke, take a tip from a self made 56 year old, get a bottle of blue and learn to relax .......
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Thanks - real value add.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
List not a joke, but might seem like it, it is probably more extensive than most peoples reading list. This does not include the 100 odd books I have read for pleasure in the last 18 months. I just enjoy reading and as said insomniac. Sorry dont drink but know how to relax quite well... been laid back my whole life. Not much stresses me out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Have read a few of the more technical books out there, but always struggle to finish them as most read like a texbook of sorts. By far the most valuable book I've ever read (a few times) is Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. Entertaining and as valid as ever despite being based on the markets 100 years ago!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Must be one of the first ever books I got. As you say very good and has pretty much everything that is relevant even today. GREAT read..
0 Kudos