Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recovery rate

kawcha
Contributor
Can someone please explain to me why TFG is not recovering, or recovering slower than the other similar retail companies? Am I missing something fundatmental? beacause I think I may see an opportunity on TFG volatility. Thx
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
kels
Contributor
I suspect it has to do with the recent scare on unsecured lending which African Banks update gave some impetus to. TFG has exposure through its credit and also its holding in RCS credit providers. I think the difference is that these guys know a lot more about dealing with unsecured loans than the banks do as it has always been the bread and butter of the credit retailers.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Thank you for the info, thats what I don't know. I however know the range of the price. Shame is that I held a long for too long and only settle before yesterday boom. Now shorting at day high, praying for a "decent" ABL impact there.
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Decrease in retail growth might be causing some uncertainty regarding the stock, so it be range bound for a while longer
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Negative events seem to impact this stock more than other general retialers. As expected the ABL impact has assisted TFG to break the support today at around 108.5.
0 Kudos