Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Recovery

Som2
Contributor
Does this share have any chance of recovering? It is just on free fall.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's a falling knife. You don't want to catch this one.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
At these levels I'm a buyer. If they sold their bricks and mortar they'd realise more, if not mistaken it trading at approx 1/5 of NAV. Will hold for minimun 3years.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
ph-If Billiton decides to close down some non-core aluminium smelters this company is in big doo-doo. There is the risk here. Just be aware of it. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/content/en/moneyweb-safm-market-update?oid=562427&sn=2009+Detail
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Don't know about the fundamentals,but that chart doesn't inspire much confidence!
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
If that Billiton contract is not renewed there is no reason their share price wont continue the free fall. And even if it is I would rather buy when it is a recovering stock.
0 Kudos
Som2
Contributor
Good points. Kwagga that is true about BHP issue, their other concerns are electricity increases and the China's are producing cheaper products and exporting to the SA market.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I'm very well aware of buying counters of this nature as they can halve and halve again, however in relation to the size of my long term portfolio my exposure to these kind of stocks, would be meaningless should they crash completely. Last year sold RBW at 1650 which I accumulated at between 18 and 20 cents before the 5 to 1 consolidation, and reaped dividends far in excess of my capital layout, so as far as I'm concerned I'm definitely on the right side of the equation.I need to satisfy the gambler in me. HLM may drop to below what I paid for them yesterday,however 13% gain after one after one day,happy with that.
0 Kudos