Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Red Hot Penny Rubbish?

Blik
Super Contributor
Good Gracious what a crock of absolute, unfiltered, pure smelling, chunky horse manure! I have just received the latest Red Hot Penny Stocks brochure that waffles on about the exceptional gains that can be made, by looking at past - get this - hypothetical situtations. The brochure even has the cojones to use Awethu as an example! Awethu - c'mon man, I have owned that share for a while - dont ask why - and it has done nothing, except drop from around 22 cents to 7 cents, with limited prospects. The brochure talks about a hypothetical gain of hundreds of percent without factoring any deduction to tax, which in my opinion is a bald faced lie. What worries me is that people buy into this system. Oh and we also just received a posted letter saying that somone had just died or was about to and had a huge amount of money to move, and could we help them. First time I have received a posted letter like this. Funny the two should arrive at the same time.
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
Well if you are superstitious and also take a few old wifes tales into account you could relate it to many senarios. Take for instance the silly notion of someone that dreams of a birth happening (not the gory details but just the act). This is supposed to be a sign of impending death to a known someone (as vague as you can get it).... inversly when you dream of death it signals a birth/conception of someone you know.

So if we look at this the you have recieved two omens of extreme wealth posibilities.
My guess DONT TRADE ANYTHING you will loose big time (if the tales are to be beleived the opposite of what you recieve will happen).... OMO

But on a serious note I agree with these penny stocks. MAYBE and JUST MAYBE in 60 years they might perform but that is a big maybe...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I have never understood why anyone would invest in penny shares. Why invest your hard earned cash in shares that are unstable, hardly move and even if they do double you have to invest substantially to see real return. If you want real return why not trade Top 40 and leverage up your funds....at least these shares offer relative stability and security over the long term and have identifiable trends to trade.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
What I can't work out, is. Which one will lose me the most money, the quickest?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I am personally happy to own penny stocks - but only after a serious amount of research into what I think is going to happen in the future - Awethu excluded. Some of my penny shares are actually really good companies, but I always base my decision on what I think will happen in the future. And I certainly dont back up my decisions with past gains. What worries me is that people actually pay for that stuff. Simon - please can you allow us to post one seriously bad swear word per post!
0 Kudos
the_boss
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
investing in penny stocks is like venture capital investing. Only 1 out of every 10 are likely to succeed in the short to medium term, but boy do they shoot the lights out if they do. longer term, you can increase those odds to maybe 3 or 4. I personally have a penny stock strategy because I am a contrarian investor by nature. But I am not going to invest in something that doesn't have the potential to generate 10 times my return. And I am sorry, you can only sell so much icecream in a country, so I don't count someone like milkworx as an opportunity. Viable penny stocks need to have the potential to ramp up operations 1000%. One of my favourites was always SAMROC. Worthless for years and then suddenly returned 2000%
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
HAHAHA I haven't seen a post on this for ages!!! We MUST be entering into a BULL market!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an is that because it is your own website ?? punt it but at least be straight with us .. don't be ashamed ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And speaking of... I am a shameful holder of Awethu. Bought it because Finweek gave it a glorious review 2 years ago, and now I can't sell as my wife loves the company and will divorce me if I do. Buy cheap beer people!
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
@ Blik, why are you complaining - don't you know the strategy? Invest R100 on black; win R3,500 - keep your R100 aside and play R3,400 on Red, win R119,000 and presto you make a return of 119,000% on your initial R100 investment - oh! and don't forget tha
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Why'd it take you so long to share this amazing strategy with us -
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
You need to watch out for the white (# zero) so its not quite foolproof!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
@og - I guess it just wound me up that we get sent this turd-mail. Most of all it just pees me off that people will buy into this system, based upon that type of compound example. although I used to have an infallible way of having a 66& chance of winni
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Og, only flaw in your system, betting black or red only doubles your money so R100 will give you R200. 35:1 ratio only on single numbers....
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Tx CPS, you can see I am not a gambler - but the strategy works well if you play the numbers - again just watch out for #0
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Og, isnt trading a little like gambling? Lower odds but the decision could be wrong and cost you a bundle. ;-)
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Correct, but your chances of losing it all in one go are so much less...
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
The lovely thing about RHPS is that the advise comes long after the horse has bolted - some excellent examples - Alert Steel at R2.00 now 37c - Wearne at R1.00 now down over 50% and many more. I am sure RHPS buys large stakes in the shares they punt days before their newsletter is sent out. OMO
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
Lol just like Clive Roffey...
0 Kudos