Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Red fades to Green

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I'm betting on a green finish today(worst case scenario Mon AM)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
green if we follow the ftse.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Honestly , Im not sure who we follow anymore. we definelty dont follow the DOW 100% remember last week dow 2days in a row green after red for like the whole beginining of the month. Made me my hold positions only too make a loss. The way I see it is to not follow anything or anyone besides your own stradegy.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
you follow your own strategy yes but you must look at the bigger picture if dow & ftse keep going down for 3 or 4 days there is no way we will be going up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
remember the rticles of the previous recessions - bad news followed by rate cuts- bad news markets falling- govt steps in still depending on their input 6 -36 weeks to feel effect- eventually market does not respond to speeches by the fed just falling waiting to bottom out earliest end feb latest june OMO
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Asylum, I agree the bigger picture holds true if global markets are down, but If DOW or FTSE are up, It does not confirm that we are sure to follow as we did in the past.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i agree im not talkink about day to day.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
well at least for a day to day picture, we are seeing up turn late afternoon's. What do you think about following asian markets?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well today i think we will follow the up trend on the ftse and dow likely to open green with bush wanting to give the yanks back $ 150 Billion in tax cuts so they can spend and create more bad debt.
0 Kudos