Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Red for Mr Brown

Blik
Super Contributor
If Welbedacht would list I would buy! Man they do some good red! I had a Rubicon the other night, and it was nowhere compared to Mr Burger! What is the forum's favourite red?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
A nice bottle of Tassenberg..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
cmon....I know you get the odd good bottle - same as Liversmash - oops Libertas. But lets be real. Has someone tasted the Backsberg Diesel Pinotage? Need an opinion?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No I have not, but I can tell you the best wine is the ones without a label..know a wine maker up near Stellenbosch, he makes his own special brew of red, the best I have ever had, so every year a get a few to stack away.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Agreed Frost - an Oddbins 317 Sav Blanc isnt a bad buy at all.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Doing Pinotage at our wine clubs monthly tasting tomorrow, will let you know the results on friday.Pinoties not my favourite though
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Rust en Vrede or Kanonkop......very hard to beat.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
mr burger snr doesnt pay his bills though. owes people for filtration , corks , chemicals , bottling, etc. he is quite a cutn
0 Kudos
DawieB
Contributor
Used to LOVE a good Pinotage with a T-Bone... And the Shiraz with a lighter meal. Got some favorate brands, but then suddenly one night got allergic to red wine... can't explain it, can drink half a glass and feel like a train hit me... So keeping to good old white wine now :(.... and my fav is funnily enough some of the cheapest. St. Anna's! :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
warrick triology .. 97 best year so far and I have a few left :)
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Will look it up. Caught HotStoxx last night - I enjoyed the SPP chat.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tx
the 97 no loger for sale, I got lucky and in my ignorance bought a few cases back in 2000
0 Kudos