Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Regarding the recent SENS announcements pertaining to the Afdawn Directorship:

KVW
Super Contributor
MichaelG if I my ask are you holding ADW at the moment? If so what is ypur POA and if not what is your POA, why are the directors selling, eventhough they are off the board now why sell an undervalued share? What brought them down to the 100 level from 400? the recession? If so it is due a recovery.
0 Kudos
MichaelG
Occasional Contributor
MichaelG if I my ask are you holding ADW at the moment? If so what is ypur POA and if not what is your POA, why are the directors selling, eventhough they are off the board now why sell an undervalued share? What brought them down to the 100 level from 400? the recession? If so it is due a recovery. ----------- I am. I bought 22522 shares at 111. In hindsight I would have preferred to have gone in lower but I suppose that's often the case when investing. The margin of safety is still sufficient. Its high was actually 579, the current 52 week high is around 400, but the economic downturn has now lasted long enough for the 12 month highs to fall within the international recessionary period, which can be misleading. Regarding the directorship; The Directors have been voted out but are still performing their duties until such time as they are replaced. "Still going into the office" so to speak. The reason why they're selling could be an inherent knowledge of the business's imminent demise (as many would argue), or it could be the simple fact that they've recently become unemployed and are tying up their affairs at the operation and freeing up some cash for the oncoming period of uncertainty (in their own lives). Wouldn't you?, especially since they are unlikely to see a massive influx of job offers given their recent publicity. An added factor would be that as directors, they are given share options, which they will lose immediately upon leaving the business. I would obviously argue that the latter two would be the most logical reasons for the sales. You asked what brought the company down to the levels that is at, and the answer is quite simply this - the recession itself did drive the price down (like almost all other shares) over the past year or so, but the recent collapse was due to the allegro affair, which in itself did not drive the share price down WHEN IT WAS DETAILED IN THE ANNUAL REPORT IN FEBRUARY and made publicly available on the companies website - The share price collapsed when reference was made to that note on the 9 Sep in an SENS announcement. What people don't understand is that anyone with anything resembling a financial education, or even a decent research ethic would have seen this coming since they read the annual report earlier in the year. They would have sat back, waited for the announcement to be published on the sens, watched the price collapse, having already researched the fact that the subsidiaries debts are not Afdawns debts, and then moved in for the kill at anything between 120 and 90. As for why the directors would sell an undervalued share, I have no idea, but that question could be asked of anyone currently selling this share or any like it. It is simply the nature of people, but what I do know is that as a result of it, bargains are plentiful
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Just watching this story unfold, but I see no Director selling since 22 June when the price was 151c...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I tried to sell all my adw shares at 310 some time ago.Only 2/3 of them went through and the rest I eventually sold at 172.Took quite a loss on it and have no interest at the moment in getting back into a loser.
0 Kudos
Exd
Not applicable
I think it may have been Victoria Falls, as it is the largest waterfall in the world based on height but has lower annual flow than Niagra Falls. Roughly 288 million litres of coke drank daily. 94003 million litre's per day of the waterfall. So not close but maybe my calculations are wrong. Still amazing though. It's really hard to find a figure for how many litre's of coke are drank daily. The only figure I can find is 1.2 billion 8 oz cans. So that's does not take into account fast food outlet's like Macdonalds and 1.25 litre's and 2 litre's. Some people claim to drink 4 litre's a day.
0 Kudos