Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Regulations of opening up an investment company?

Not applicable
Hello Simon or anyonw else who can help me, i would like to open up an investment company,i'm 22years old and currently studying Bachelor of accountancy 2nd year in Wits, do you guys know of any requlations i must comply with in regard to these or any advice on how to go about starting up my company.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
What kind of investment company? Asset management, unit trusts? You'll need to create a co, be registered with FSB, being qualified wouldn't hurt as well.. Also a second year acc student, at UCT though..
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I run my own investment company or shoulfd I say cc.No regulations required if you are investing only your own money-if you intend to invest on behalf of others there are regulations and laws you must adhere to but I have no expertise there.
0 Kudos
kk
Occasional Contributor
Open a cc/co, reg with FSB and mave policies to regulate yo company. I am also in the process or FSB registration and soon will finalise my cc registration. I have been studying this industry since 2005 and now feel reay to start trading.
0 Kudos