Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Relentless...

Not applicable
Let's talk,converse and blah the Friday...## It seems that the Deep Impact that Goro Adachi was talking about is,well,here.Those INTEREST RATES are signalling the beginning of a Catastrophic phase.Credit Lock-ups.A convulsing Terminal Patient.Hyperinflation at the presses to cope with resultant downdrafts....The last thing this market picture can afford is RISING RATES.Dudes and Lasses,we are now entering PS2...PlayStation 1 was 2008 till present.The volatility will be a Big-wave riders dream.Get the idea right out of your head that TRADITIONAL FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS means anything.It's all just Money-flows,a Video Game to the finish.GOLD is 'My Precious....".
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
PaulC
Super Contributor
I love your posts. Its like what happens in my head before I put the english filter in! Dont stop ranting!
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Harmony cries for the buy. But can naked short algorithms ever go broke?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a simple question..."How many fulltime DERIVATIVES-ONLY PRIVATE TRADERS ARE ON THIS FORUM ? ".....I am One.Tell me your tale of horror,along the learning-curve.Did you drink a lot ?Did you curse the visage staring back from the Mercury-sodden plate ?"...yes...did you subscribe to weird websites and call it 'CyberBonding,I have nowhere else to go ?"...traders.Their own mothers deny the fact.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Wish I could trade full time, but alas, I need a day job to live...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
I could do with another bubble bath. Expectations of bad times being good have been delayed to say the least. But with the sure knowledge that the worst of it all is yet to come and then some, hanging in with long gold share derivatives has returned the 200% draw down on paper and the interest. But now is not the time to be faint hearted. So I increase and return into the sweat box. Its gold shares and their derivatives or cash, QE3 or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That 5-yr Weekly chart on ANG sees the largest Reverse H&S I have ever seen.PriceObjective well above R500....and it will rocket the whole sector when it finally breaks up.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Not an insignificant observation Holmes, but this market is like Moriarty - an evil smartass that feeds itself on greed and fear.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surely, if not when .. chickens and hatching ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I tend to agree with VI here. Its a WHEN not and IF. IF the gov's of the world stop spending more than they take in and IF central banks stop zero interest rate and money printing policies then gold will take its thumping. Until then its going up and "quality" gold shares will follow. ANG are pulling gold out the ground in south america for $450 an oz. Ghana is $600-700 and SA is just under 700. Profitable. Esp as they no longer have a hedge book
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, always if .. never when ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah, but they pull out less and less every year, and it costs them more and more every year. And they pump exhorbitant amounts of capex every year (which very neatly does not get triggered as a cost of sale), and they have a PE of 50! Keep on the dream of making money on a gold miner! Just look at that chart - rand gold price trading almost 300% higher than 2006, ANG trading 14% lower than its 2006 all time high.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya .. what he said ..
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Nah, its just punting with loaded dice - and thats as good as it gets in any play.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yup ANG has no hedge book.It's on every Institution's screen.It's a liquid Blue-chip.Here comes the money.So, put line in water at these prices and let Fishy come to you.No more Fake-fake.No more Miss Goody 3 Shoes....be selfish.Subscribe at 2006 prices.Inflation will take care of the rest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just did a cursory check.ANG sees its 200-wk MA as Point of Control(where Price oscillates in a buy area).R300 is the mark.Price now at R319.
0 Kudos