Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Remember that gap I spoke about

Not applicable
there was much chortling when I spoke about the gap created on 2 Oct being the downside target for this weakness....I said we would be seeing about 1200 pts lower ....target reached and we move higher.....
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Good call Chartist, where to now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
reckon the dow will settle out at about 150 pts up ...presently 45 up...and we will gap up to about 28400 then we retest the highs....towards the end of the week...
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Chartist,if you're still talking to me,the DOW will be lucky to close in positive territory today.They are quickly coming to terms with the state of the US credit problems,which will flow over into awareness of credit card debt.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
20 min to go and I reckon well put on 100 pts....
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Usually swings in the last 20 mins,but this market is too uncertain - no-one really putting their necks on the line.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
66 up.....the short squeeze is on
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
Dow 13,566.97 +44.95 (0.33%) Nasdaq 2,753.93 +28.77 (1.06%) S&P 500 1,506.33 +5.70 (0.38%) Today really looked like a reversal day in the US. New highs right through November anyone? I still have a target of 1610 on the SnP which is another 104 points (7%) higher.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Faure ...I had more like 85 pts up on the dow...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Chartist,what is your view on SAP now?Has it changed since your last post?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nope ...up today but pathetic volume...not many wanting to buy this one...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks,probably due for another drop.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it HAS to drop...Roffey has punted it a few days ago
0 Kudos
Not applicable
someone should email him and ask what happened to sallies :) would love a copy of the reply:)
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I cant take it anymore. What gap are we talking about. Will someone please take me to the side and explain.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Platsak go to google type in gap trading and viola its all there have also been strugling with it but its a learning curve. Gap trading is used mostly by day traders its when the market opens or closes higher or lower than the previous day thereby creating a gap between the closing price and the opening price. It is said that the gap will will be filled sooner or later and is 90% accurate from what i have read in trading books.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This is starting to look like we are heading for 26400. Please Great Guru - do tell us your esteemed opinion. Chanting follows: "We're not worthy" "We're not worthy" "We're not worthy"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would say 90% is on the high side....70 -80% would be more realistic but with most of these stats no one really knows...the thing to try and get your head around is what the market internals are doing at the time of the gap play....this will give you a really almost useful insight into why markets move in the ways they do
0 Kudos