Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Repurchase share offer at R56.61ps

birdie
Occasional Contributor
Hi Professionals I bought Vodacom at R 59.58 in March 2009 but do not know whether to accept their offer for my 500 shares.What do you suggest I do? Birdie
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Cherry
Regular Contributor
I'd suggest you increase your stake and add to your position.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Take the offer. VOD has been in a zone for past year - just compare that with the market. Why should it do any better over the next 12 months. The offer is above market.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Right now you're not in a profitable situation. If you add to your position it should bring the costs down, thus putting you in a profitable position. If you dont have the capital you may not have a choice but to cut your losses.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
The offer is only for shares held to e/o January.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bring your costs down - yes, but not in a profit sitaution until the price moves in your favvour .. and you have now increased youu risks in a share that is going against youu ..

as a rule averaging down is a bad idea, unless youu really in a long term (decades long term) income strategy .. an then it is less about price and more about bargin/value ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos