Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Resistance at 30 day SMA

prancing_horse
Super Contributor
That's the long and the short of it
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
No spat Simon. Just a friendly banter amongst firends. lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
No spat Simon. Just a friendly banter amongst friends. lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, is so predictable. Sit back and watch.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
I need some help re CFD's on trades during the day. I have two accounts. The one with Investec the investment account. The other with Standard which I use to trade, actual buying and selling of shares. I have Never touched my investment account for over 15 years. In this Investment account I have 1600 WHL and other retailers from the unbundling of WOOLTRU. Wanted to hedge further loses on WHL so sold 1600 CFD on this account. This is the first time I have dealt with a CFD This will sound stupid to you guys but I don't understand the closing of the position. This morning WHL was at some point down around say 2% at that point I was going to buy (close)1600. I'm in the money. On the trade screen it didn't matter if I selected market price of other, simply reflected net return of my margin. At time of writing 12 o'clock WHL is now up (tears) Assume I closed a 12 o'clock Assume the closing price a 17h00 is down What happens? Do I get the 12h00 price or the 17h00 price. If it is the 12h00 price why does the trading screen not reflect a net loss to be subtracted from my margin? Please help this is driving me nuts.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
I need some help re CFD's on trades during the day. I have two accounts. The one with Investec the investment account. The other with Standard which I use to trade, actual buying and selling of shares. I have Never touched my investment account for over 15 years. In this Investment account I have 1600 WHL and other retailers from the unbundling of WOOLTRU. Wanted to hedge further loses on WHL so sold 1600 CFD on this account. This is the first time I have dealt with a CFD This will sound stupid to you guys but I don't understand the closing of the position. This morning WHL was at some point down around say 2% at that point I was going to buy (close)1600. I'm in the money. On the trade screen it didn't matter if I selected market price of other, simply reflected net return of my margin. At time of writing 12 o'clock WHL is now up (tears) Assume I closed a 12 o'clock Assume the closing price a 17h00 is down What happens? Do I get the 12h00 price or the 17h00 price. If it is the 12h00 price why does the trading screen not reflect a net loss to be subtracted from my margin? Please help this is driving me nuts.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I assume same principle as SSF. You will get the 12h00 price and the net loss is usually deducted once OST system updates. **** Give this a try****, Try to withdraw money from that account and then check the available fund to withdraw. It should give you an error message.
0 Kudos