Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Resistance at 30 day SMA

Highlighted
Super Contributor
That's the long and the short of it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
No spat Simon. Just a friendly banter amongst firends. lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
No spat Simon. Just a friendly banter amongst friends. lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Rams, is so predictable. Sit back and watch.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
I need some help re CFD's on trades during the day. I have two accounts. The one with Investec the investment account. The other with Standard which I use to trade, actual buying and selling of shares. I have Never touched my investment account for over 15 years. In this Investment account I have 1600 WHL and other retailers from the unbundling of WOOLTRU. Wanted to hedge further loses on WHL so sold 1600 CFD on this account. This is the first time I have dealt with a CFD This will sound stupid to you guys but I don't understand the closing of the position. This morning WHL was at some point down around say 2% at that point I was going to buy (close)1600. I'm in the money. On the trade screen it didn't matter if I selected market price of other, simply reflected net return of my margin. At time of writing 12 o'clock WHL is now up (tears) Assume I closed a 12 o'clock Assume the closing price a 17h00 is down What happens? Do I get the 12h00 price or the 17h00 price. If it is the 12h00 price why does the trading screen not reflect a net loss to be subtracted from my margin? Please help this is driving me nuts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
I need some help re CFD's on trades during the day. I have two accounts. The one with Investec the investment account. The other with Standard which I use to trade, actual buying and selling of shares. I have Never touched my investment account for over 15 years. In this Investment account I have 1600 WHL and other retailers from the unbundling of WOOLTRU. Wanted to hedge further loses on WHL so sold 1600 CFD on this account. This is the first time I have dealt with a CFD This will sound stupid to you guys but I don't understand the closing of the position. This morning WHL was at some point down around say 2% at that point I was going to buy (close)1600. I'm in the money. On the trade screen it didn't matter if I selected market price of other, simply reflected net return of my margin. At time of writing 12 o'clock WHL is now up (tears) Assume I closed a 12 o'clock Assume the closing price a 17h00 is down What happens? Do I get the 12h00 price or the 17h00 price. If it is the 12h00 price why does the trading screen not reflect a net loss to be subtracted from my margin? Please help this is driving me nuts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I assume same principle as SSF. You will get the 12h00 price and the net loss is usually deducted once OST system updates. **** Give this a try****, Try to withdraw money from that account and then check the available fund to withdraw. It should give you an error message.
0 Kudos