Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Results- Aquarius

Andeplat
Not applicable
Im interested to know your viewpoint on the results, which came out today, accompanied by a massive sell off. What were people expecting, zumas families wealth fund or something. Results were solid, increased production, decreased costs, completion of hanging wall etc under budget. Just increased my holding today, my view is its cheap and overdone atm.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Russ
Super Contributor
I think plat shares generally are worth buying/holding for the longer term.Just be patient!
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
There was an interesting discussion on Money show (702) last night. Not sure who they interviewed, but appraently 3 years (or more) he predicted that Old Mutual shares would rise. 3 years later it increased by more than 380% (I have not confirmed numbers). Last night he said that platinum is his new bet; particularly Lonmin. My opinion: At moment price is low because the world is not buying cars (biggest consumer of platinum). Cars are getting older and as soon as Europe, America and China are back to steady growth figures people will start buying new cars again. At moment many of the planned platinum projects are put on hold and Anglo is trying to close some of their shafts. Therefore as soon as demand goes up, there will likely be a supply shortage and price of platinum will sky rocket and so will the share price. Therefore, long term I think it is a good investment, just not 100% sure when to enter....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anything but platinum mines rather the metal itself.lonmin found an excuse from which to hide behind during the aftermath of the strikes last season but the money they actually needed was way too much that they could have lost in just couple of weeks of strikes when they issued shares suggesting something else''too much debt'',all this mining companies were chasing nothing bt a million ounces or 2 million ounces a year instead of cashing in at that time,most depend on the price of the metal to save them nw,should things not improve fast enough in china and the west,expect more strikes,laying off of employees,things will get ugly this year buddy,with america and japan printing more money,expects metal prices to shoot up,for long term nw is the time!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anything but platinum mines rather the metal itself.lonmin found an excuse from which to hide behind during the aftermath of the strikes last season but the money they actually needed was way too much that they could have lost in just couple of weeks of strikes when they issued shares suggesting something else''too much debt'',all this mining companies were chasing nothing bt a million ounces or 2 million ounces a year instead of cashing in at that time,most depend on the price of the metal to save them nw,should things not improve fast enough in china and the west,expect more strikes,laying off of employees,things will get ugly this year buddy,with america and japan printing more money,expects metal prices to shoot up,for long term nw is the time!!!!
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Joyous, I am sorry but just do not understand your post. What is the point you are making and what is "nw" "bt" etc.?
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Did you read this..... Palladium reserves in Russia, the worldÂ’s largest producer of the metal, were "pretty much exhausted" and sales this year might be only three tons, Johnson Matthey said on Friday. see http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/asia/2013/01/28/russia-set-to-run-out-of-palladium No other source now except us
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Did you know that you can recycle 99% platinum & palladium and 60% rhodium from old catalytic converters?
0 Kudos