Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Results

Terra
Super Contributor
It seems to me that US was expecting that bad ISM (In Sy Moer) Manufacturing PMI results?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
250point bar of death..eina if you were long..
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Jip, I was wondering why Dow pulled back so much before results came out? It's my opinion that these results leak out....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
too many stops, S&P 200day MA has plenty (1385)..market just very nervous.. plus deal is not sealed and stamped yet
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
I agree with you...and this AAA rating is serious business...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
second bar of death I been short of in 2 days .. sometimes Mr Market just hands over the money so fast you need a hoover to get it all ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As they say keep your eye on the prize
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sheesh our market is on steroids ne..
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Seems to me that so many of our supports will be broken if US gets downgraded, not to even mention the the rest of the world and US markets..on the flip side of the coin...there are a couple of very good LONG set ups....just look at Skaaptjops' list...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My opinion as a long term investor, wait for that fear moment, then buy like its going out of fashion..currently there is not much of that in the markets, but keeping in mind critical support levels..eg 1240 on S&P and so on..I will wait for a weekly signal as a stop if the fear has set in and it looks to be a longer term sell-off
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Good advice. Be greedy when others are fearful...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Another Red Bar of Death after hours trading on alsi..3 in a 3days..wild I tell ya, trend line is but a distant memory now..
0 Kudos