Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Revelation - Gold

kwagga
Super Contributor
I finally figured it out. Gold goes up to 28 year highs and SA Gold stocks down. Gold goes down and SA Gold stocks go down. Rand strengthen and SA Gold stocks go down, and finally Rand strengthens and SA Gold stocks go down.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, that's the secret. Gold stocks go down.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
....with a hiccup in between, or is that a burp.
0 Kudos
gussie
Occasional Contributor
Fill yer boots with Gold Fields now and you'll be laughing this time next year when gold is above $800 - they will also spit out dividends - GOLD BULL
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well gussie, it's like this, GFI has just formed a beautiful double head formation, and I recon there is some more downside to this share. There is a lot less frustrating shares to watch than Gold shares, because you simply get surprised all the bloody time and I don't like surprises.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold at multi year highs of 763, yeti gfi be orf 2%. me thinks hold onto those boots, you gonna need them.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Yeah this makes no sense if you look at the rand price of gold up R100 per ounce (I assume), but the Gold share don't move, except for WGR which does not even produce any. There was an article about it just this week - I can't find it now...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
They had their run recently, so they need a bit of a break
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If record gold prices dont take gold stocks to highs,you are flogging a dead horse.Sell and get out.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Or buy WGR.It's much cheaper to leave the gold in the ground.
0 Kudos