Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Revenge trading....its bad.

Not applicable
Thanks to a furious bout of revenge trading I have managed to lose 20% of my trading account in 2 days. 4 weeks worth of hard work down the tubes due to feeling the pressure of falling behind on weekly profit target!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Maddog
Regular Contributor
The only way we truely learn when trading is when we loose money....put it down to school fees
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Somehow, getting revenge makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside . . . but only if it works.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mr MArket will suck you in chew you fine if you try and chase targets. Take what he gives you in your time frame and say thanks. R500 is R500 so take it if its all you get given.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
There is no such thing as profit targeting. U must not fight against MrMarket.u must suck up to him.he is your boss and pays u accordingly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lost another 5%...***** I'm a gambler. Time to take a break.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Did you see the movie Cool Hand Luke?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no, didnt see it...just received about 35 mssages from global trader. Stoploss hit stoploss hit trade closed by user stops adjusted stoploss hit stops adjusted by user.....dammit man.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Congratulations! It's always best to realize what u doing early. Now u can concentrate on making few bucks
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Maybe it is Self Sabotage, check SPBs thread
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cool Hand Luke (1967) is the moving character study of a non-conformist, anti-hero loner who bullheadedly resists authority and the Establishment...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay.. i see where you are going with this.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Personally, I'm not going there with that. You happened to lose, which doesn't say anything about whether your longer term approach wouldn't work. You're learning just like everyone else.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos