Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Reverse HandS on the ALSI

venice
Super Contributor
Seems the ALSI has an inverted H&S on the hourly chart. Its at resistance of the neckline things might get interesting later??
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
KVW
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Inverted H&S is a bullish pattern. BUT the price action must clear the neckline which acts as resistance if it can't the pattern is a failure. The rates decision is the catalyst.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Venice,so if the rates are dropped by 50bps,will we rally,isnt it already priced in??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see an inverted H&S on the daily top 40 - neckline broken yesterday, and volume confirming ...
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
For the pattern to be valid a decisive break of the neckline resistance needs to happen (I'm not saying will happen) SO we need a catalyst to do this. The likely candidate is the rates decision. For this to do it the rates would have to please the market possibly 100 points maybe the 50 would also bouy the market but once the neck breaks and is tested a target of 24000 is likely.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Newbee, you have too much expectation on the rates cut and the expected result. The dow last friday didn't react at all to the US's worst job loss statistics in 30 years, in fact it rallied when everyone thought it would tank. There is no possible way of knowing what will happen after the announcement. All you need to know is where your support * resistance lines sit, and trade them accordingly
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
You're right lamb chop the rest is smoke and mirrors.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
blééééh.....bah bah to that V....I'll have mine smoked..ta!....mirrors 'n sheep a bit Floydish!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi, if I wanted to learn about support levels and resistance and how to recognise and interpret them, how would you suggest that one does this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sadie - any good tech analysis textbook will give you the essentials - my favourite is Martin Pring's book (not sure exactly what the title is but it has "Technical Analysis" in the title). Quite expensive, but a great resource. SBK OST also has (or had) a great online course on tech analysis which explains support and resistance very well (also its free). Understanding them and interpreting them is one thing, its how you act on that understanding and interpretation that matters, so read "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas three times before you put on a trade ...
0 Kudos