Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Riaan, where's your stop

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
??
yesterday you said short 400-450, what's the stop ??
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Short is Simon that was yesterday and I day trade, trade was taken at 370 resistance and profit at 270...today is another day....my traget for day made...looking for short today between 600 and 550.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK, so there's a question you haven't answered before, you don't hold over night .. an so you entered below your 400-450 entry ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes based on 5 min engulfing and resistance level going back 4 days. I have a longer term as well as day trading account, I am speaking about the day trading account.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
where/how do you place stops ?? trailing, fixed, support/resistance ??
0 Kudos
Kbee
Contributor
Well that's still a bad trade. You lack discipline. How do you enter below your intended entry range? What's the reasoning behind that?
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Maybe because it never got to 30400?
0 Kudos
Kbee
Contributor
That's precisely the point. That trade shouldn't have happen (that's if he took that position in the first place).
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Riaan, are you still in the short trade or looking for re-entry?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
His gone to go get the 2 ply ... you know those with the doggies on them !
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
hey hennie - hold on to those 2 ply - you might need it tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and Riaan did it again....did not tell us where his stop is for today.Or if he went short at 600-550. And if he will re-enter the short and where the re-entry is and what the stop on the re-entry will be?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
All I know is I don't believe traders that are too good to be true till I sit next to them or see their MONTHLY statement. I have yet to find a trader that doesn't make mistakes even when they have a plan they screw up here and there trading is about 3 steps forward 2 back at the end of the month you 10 steps forward. I could say I bought 29500 and I'm still long. I have been bullish since then and gone long at places I thought were right guess what of the last 1000 points I've made 400 cause of gaps, getting out too early getting in a little late ect. So I am sceptical when somebody tells me what was possible , that doesn't count what does is what you did and how many ctx you did it with. That is especially true trading a 5 min chart. Sorry Riaan but ive traded in a forum where chartist was present I know his trading style seen it in action so to speak hence my cynical comments. Ain't buying that bridge.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Of course we all make mistakes and silly trades - what matter is how are you doing for the month - i have made lots of mistakes. Anyway this month I have +7 days -3days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Riaan, where's your stop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
RAMS wasnt this regarding the MAR contract....Old news this.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, i know you still trading the march contract, but the question has never been answered. So for today where is the stop....its the only way to see if the trade is profitable and whether it was a good trade
0 Kudos