Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Richemont - I love it for their products, but what about the shares

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Guys, long time since i was online here... I would like to hear your views for long term investments in CFR(Richemont). I will look into the company more shortly. I LOVE it for their fantastic products, my MontBlanc pens are the best :) It seems they have a fantastic forecast on this site and I do believe when the market starts to pick up they will start to really sell well again, China and India (and emerging markets) have done well for them... Let me know your comments on Richemont...
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Blik
Super Contributor
Good to see (read?) you post again. Just walked past a jeweler selling Mont Blanc products - very very nice. Almost popped in and bought a new wallet!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Mont Blanc is fantastic!!! Then Cartier is not bad at all either :) - The company's shares did quite well over the past year or 2, quite a high PE though, and i think there is alot of pricing linked to brand name etc. but all of the Rupert's companies are very good and solidly managed... maybe will check more about them out and let you know... but i do love the products - one of my criteria for investing in companies - i must love the business - no problem here for that :)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Just for interest sakes: what do you love about the products? Does it work well, or the design is great, or it just feels good when you use it?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ja I think about 30% of my portfolio is in Rupert companies...maybe a bit Rupert loaded. But I like their management style (well maybe they need to drop their management fee on Reinet), along with the Moutons, Venters and Gilbertsons.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
(Specifically the pens. I don't get it, so please educate this philistine :)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. I love everything about the pen, especially the platinum ones. they just look so beautiful, write fantastic, feels very well made, cannot compare to anything else, and is a mont blanc... sorry i am obsessed with them :) Its just very classy (check the one out with the diamond in the resin top, absolutely superb)... hehe
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Reinet management fees are quite high, i dont have anything in Reinet - did you hear that Johann Rupert (through Reinet) together with Jacob Rothschild are investing in a new hedge fund set up by Bill Winters (former JPMorgan Investment Bank Co-CEO), will be very interesting!! Richemont always caught my attention because of the brands it owns, its Swiss - I also love swiss things :) - But people seem to buy these expensive stuff, its a way they try to show off i think, and as the world gets its act together CFR will only benefit and with China and India, etc doing quite well their markets are growing continuously! and Johann Rupert is now Chairman and CEO - if i am not mistaken!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
CFR - excellent company, no doubt, but on current valuations, feel it is quite expensive right now..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I tend to agree that its too expensive right now... you know how i like to buy... on discounts... but always watch this one.
0 Kudos